Borussia Dortmund Angry at UEFA after Bus Bomb AttackEurope | April 13, 2017, Thursday @ 13:32| 99 views
Borussia Dortmund Fans Photo: Printscreen/Twitter
Borussia Dortmund’s coach says his football team are upset that they ended up playing against Monaco – a game they lost – only a day after their bus was involved in a bomb attack as they drove to the stadium on Tuesday night, Euronews reported.
Flying glass from a shattered window broke the wrist of one of their players, Marc Bartra.
“We basically had the feeling that we were being treated as if a beer can had hit our bus, and half an hour later the decision was made that (it would be held) tomorrow at 6.45 p.m. And that was the point of time when we were informed. Then it was very unclear how serious the injury of Marc Bartra was and what was behind this incident, that gives you a feeling of powerlessness,” Thomas Tuchel, Borussia Dortmund’s coach, told a news conference.
But the UEFA, European football’s governing body, insists that Borussia Dortmund agreed to the rapid rescheduling of the match, despite being targeted by the three home-made bombs.
So far the German police have arrested a man described as having “Islamist links.”
The German authorities are investigating a line of inquiry which suggests that Islamic State, or at least an individual or group who say they support Islamic State, were behind the attack.