Council of Public Prosecutors Asked Janeva and Fetai to Appoint New ProsecutorsCrime | March 10, 2017, Friday @ 10:40| 102 views
Fatime Fetai Photo: Telegraf.mk
On Friday the Criminal Court scheduled new, third hearing for 'Violence in Center' case, in which the suspect is former Prime Minister and VMRO-DPMNE leader Nikola Gruevski.
At the last hearing, special prosecutors Katica Janeva and Fatime Fetai were fined EUR 4,000 for contempt of court.
Judge Tatjana Mihajlova, who this week resigned from the post of Acting President of Criminal Court, submitted a complaint to the Council of Public Prosecutors for the behavior of the prosecutors. On Thursday the council chairman Petar Anevski said Fetai and Janeva have violated the code of ethics for public prosecutors.
He recommended Janeva to appoint new prosecutors in this case. Asked if this drags the proceedings Anevski said that the case is not with them and that it is in the Basic Court Skopje 1.
SPO appealed against the decision for the fines, but verdict has not yet been reached.
Fetai and Janeva at the previous hearing accused Mihajlova that she made a forgery of the report of the first hearing of the case known as "Violence in Center" and announced they would file criminal charges against her.
SPO's indictment refers to a protest outside the building of the Municipality of Center in June 2013. In this case, 14 people are suspected of violence, of which five as instigators and nine as direct perpetrators of the violence.
Besides Nikola Gruevski suspects are the former Minister of Transport and Communications Mile Janakieski and the President of the Union of Women of VMRO-DPMNE, Daniela Rangelova who appeared at previous hearings.
Gruevski at the previous hearing, while leaving the court briefly said that what happened in the courtroom was theater.
The judge at the first hearing did not accept the intercepted calls, generally known as "bombs", to be used as evidence presented by SPO because, as she said, had been obtained illegally, which violated the freedoms and rights of those whose voices are on recordings.
The indictment resulted from a wiretapped conversation between senior media executive on June 1, 2013. The conversation was made after a session of the Council of Centar Municipality was scheduled on which several urban development plans, including the DUP for small ring should have been annulled.